Welcome! A big Border Terrier "WOOF" to you! This blog is dedicated to ALL terrier enthusiasts and ALL dog lovers, particularly those of us lucky enough to be owned by one or more Border Terriers! Sometimes funny, sometimes irreverent, hopefully informative but always interesting and always with our dogs at heart. Come on and enter the den!


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ellie has 'em up a Tree!

Well, I knew my little girl was smart! Seems she remembers about the tree squirrels she saw while at summer camp!! ("Summer camp" is our term for where she was while she was being bred! )
Yesterday when I came home for lunch Ellie was standing in the dog area under one of the trees on her hind legs looking up at the tree. Now we dont have THAT many trees here as this was all a big, flat hay field when we bought it except for the few scrub oaks in the creek bed. And I can't remember seeing a real tree squirrel around here ever. Anyhow, I have planted a bunch of trees over the years and there is a nice big one in the dog run area and two bigger ones just outside. She was looking up at the one in the run. So I came over, looked up but I couldn't see anything.
Then she BOLTED over to the tree just outside the run. And sure enough, when I looked up, there was a tree squirrel up in that tree! It must have lept from tree to tree! Well, she had a grand time watching that squirrel most of the rest of the afternoon. Sometime later he must have jumped down and gone over to the neighbor's trees because when I checked him out later he was gone.
So now Ellie and Kate know about tree squirrels. (Kate learned about them long ago on one of our walks!) Now they BOTH will stop and look up at the trees as we go on walks! You never know....there may be a varmit up there! Thanks to "summer camp" my little girl is ever more educated!

No comments:

Post a Comment