Welcome! A big Border Terrier "WOOF" to you! This blog is dedicated to ALL terrier enthusiasts and ALL dog lovers, particularly those of us lucky enough to be owned by one or more Border Terriers! Sometimes funny, sometimes irreverent, hopefully informative but always interesting and always with our dogs at heart. Come on and enter the den!


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why We Show Our Dogs

Been out of town for a few days so behind as usual! The BTCR (Border Terrier Club of the Redwoods) held our Earthdog tests a couple of weeks ago. The AKC rep, Barb Tiegen, was there. Nice lady!
I had a short discussion with Barb about the results of one of the tests by one of my dogs. I will ALWAYS remember what she said to me. We were talking about how one of my dogs didnt get a qualifying leg that test. She said to me,"What did YOU think of his performance? How did he hunt in your opinion? Were YOU proud of HIM?" And then she said, "Do you think he cares if he gets a green ribbon or not? Did HE enjoy himself?"
What a great response from the AKC rep!
The next day, both my dogs earned their ME titles!! I was so proud! But the high point of the weekend was the comments from Barb. Earthdog is alive and well if the thoughts she expressed are what the AKC, the judges and the dog owners are thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment