Welcome! A big Border Terrier "WOOF" to you! This blog is dedicated to ALL terrier enthusiasts and ALL dog lovers, particularly those of us lucky enough to be owned by one or more Border Terriers! Sometimes funny, sometimes irreverent, hopefully informative but always interesting and always with our dogs at heart. Come on and enter the den!


Monday, March 22, 2010

How Do They Know?

How does a dog know where you hurt? So many days when my knee is bothering me one or more of my dogs will come up when I am sitting and gently lick right on the sore spot. It's not as if there's a sign there. But they are uncanny at knowing exactly where to give aid. Maybe the sore spot is hotter than surrounding tissue. Or maybe there is some kind of throbbing that I can't feel underneath the normal pain that they can sense. Or maybe they just are God's angels. Amazing......

No comments:

Post a Comment